Saturday, March 5, 2011

I choose faith......

There is a lot of speculation since yesterday when an article came out on the internet. It said that Ethiopia is about to limit by 90% the adoptions out of there. This makes me sick not for our family at all but for the 5 million orphans there. This HAS NOT been confirmed by our agency, who we trust. Holt, our agency, has told us that they are aware of the speculation and that a meeting has been scheduled. Last week, last month or maybe even tomorrow I would have or might choose to panic. But today and hopefully in the days ahead..... I choose faith. Faith that God is bigger that all of that and total confidence that HE called our family to this. The motive is secure and legit adoptions which is a must but there are other ways to enforce this. I am asking you to join me in praying for the children in Ethiopia (and around the world) for them to know what a loving home is. I totally feel a peace that is only given by God. Believe me, since this process started I have had several roll on the floor crying, screaming and bargaining with God moments when other speculation like this came up. (yes yes I know that doesn't help anything)

We are on the "wait list".!!!! We got on there Feb 28 and there have been some (at least 1) referrals since then. So we are closer... How close? I don't know. Holt quit giving wait list numbers and yes it is driving this left brained, type A personality, like to know it all person CRAZY. But this is how I am rolling. We do have a yahoo group for our agency and we try to keep a semi accurate count but not all families are on it. Sooooo to the best of my guessing ability we are at 44. But like I said it could be as low as 32. So we will all be surprised when the call comes.

Prayers please! and thanks for joining us on this journey. I will keep you posted.



Photobucket

3 comments:

Kim said...

(new reader here)

I will keep your family in my prayers! And all of the other families, and especially the CHILDREN who are waiting, ready, and NEEDING families!

Karen said...

Good for you...to choose faith!! We just happen to serve a God that tells us if we have faith as small as a mustard seed, we can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Your faith WILL move mountains!! Love you!!

Kris said...

Hi Mandie- It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Like you, I'm choosing not to fret too much (yet). The last few months have been crazy - and those changes are settling...This too will resolve and be followed by more, I'm sure.
I started a blog for my updates: http://www.lifeslongingforitself.blogspot.com/
Felt I needed a public place for future AP to visit.