Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!! Thoughts........

We have had a busy week around the Cantrell House. Last weekend, Bryan and I went to our required training for our adoption. Our parents tag teamed the kids so we actually got to stay in Dallas Saturday night. It was a good thing because we were so incredibly brain-fried that we might not have been able to do much. We were in training aprox 10-12 hours. It felt like 27. I had done so much research about this process as well as bonding and attachment and health possiblilites, most of the info wasn't new but we did get some ideas. We also got to connect with 6 other couples that are in this crazy scary God ordained adoption journey with us. We hope to to keep in touch with some of them!

Happy Mother's Day!! I am so blessed to be the mom to my wonderful children. I can't think of one single thing I would rather do than pour myself (sometimes all of myself) into my children. I take this responsibility to disciple them very serious. I love them so much and have been truly blessed. Bryan and the kids made me feel so special. We spent the afternoon Saturday in Dallas, they took me shopping for a purse and then out to eat. In true mom fashion I ended the night in the Pedi urgent care with Averie. We coach her softball team and we are at the coach pitch level which means Bryan is our pitcher. Well as she went up to bat Friday night, he hit her thumb!! She is so tough and I have to totally rely on mothers instincts with her because she had tears in her eyes but before I could get to her she had her bat back up in position ready to go. She admitted that is hurt "kind of" . I noticed Friday night and Saturday that she was dropping her fork, pencil and she couldn't zip her pants. Since we were in Dallas anyway, and this momma just knew we took her on for X Rays. Fracture. There isn't much you can do and the Dr. just said let her do what she can and sent her with a splint. Our next game is Tuesday and she had made it extremely clear that she intends to play. I will keep you posted. I love that kid!!

I can't wait to have all 3 of my kiddos with me on Mother's Day. Praying it is next year.




We met my brother and his family in Athens to take our mom out for a nice lunch. Here she is in the pic above with all of her grandkids, my 2 and then my niece Sadie.

I have to be honest, I have been an emotional wreck today and it caught me totally off guard. I have thought continually about a very special mother on the other side of the world that is about to do something that I think is the epitomy of a mothers love. I have prayed for her and prayed for her. Well I always do but this weekend more so. I will never have another Mother's Day that she won't be on my mind and in my heart. She will always be a part of our family. Bryan and I pray that we will be able to always honor her in our home with our children so that "Baby E" will always remember her and her sacrifice as well. This is just another aspect to what God has clearly called us to. Since we do not have our referral yet we do not know of our childs circumstances but are so hopeful to be able to meet this lady that I will share part of my heart with forever.

I love this poem below.



Once there were two women who never knew each other.
One you do not remember, the other you call mother.
Two different lives, shaped to make your one...
One became your guiding star, the other became your sun.
The first gave you life and the second taught you to live it.
The first gave you a need for love, and the second was there to give it.
One gave you a nationality, the other gave you a name.
One gave you a seed of talent, the other gave you an aim.
One gave you emotions, the other calmed your fears.
One saw your first sweet smile, the other dried your tears.
One gave you up ... that's all she could do.
The other prayed for a child and God led her straight to you.
And now you ask me, through your fears,
the age old question unanswered throughout the years...
Heredity or environment, which are you the product of?
Neither, my darling … neither.
Just two different kinds of love.
~ Author Unknown ~



Photobucket

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sweet poem, and sweet post. I, too, am praying that your Mother's Day next year includes all THREE of your children! Love you!!

(Hope Averie's thumb is better soon!!)

Jenneane said...

You never cease to amaze me as a person and as a mom. You have such a huge heart and I'm so glad God has placed this special calling on your life. There are many who will never understand what you are doing, but that's never stopped you before. I'm so proud you are my daughter! Love you.