Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where do I start?


Thank you! Thank You! Overwhelmed would be a good start! Here is what we had the privilege of carrying with us to Uganda...in addition to our personal luggage which couldn't be much. :) Oh my goodness there were and are going to be SO many children blessed because of you. 2 and 1/2 of these were filled by our friends and family and the other 1 and 1/2 were filled for /by George and Christie Magera of Ekubo Ministries. www.ekuboministries.org

We were also given money and we bought formula but when it became obvious that we couldn't take anymore formula we took the money and converted it to Uganda shillings and bought rice, beans and sugar and took them to 4 different orphanages. Food is very expensive there and it is extra hard for them to be able to buy enough food to feed the children. They all were VERY thankful. We carried formula with us but we tried to be way more invisible delivering the food.

In this first picture below, Bryan is watching them weigh the food at the store. In the last one, Bryan and Steven (our driver and friend) are trying to make a fast drop off.





Our trip was simply amazing and I have so many things to tell you and it won't all be in this post! I will tell you that I loved Uganda. From the minute we got there it just felt right. I can't wait to go back and take the kids AND we are hoping it will be soon. We only had electricity 1 day at our guesthouse and had to take cold showers but it was really fine except that by Thursday my computer wasn't charged and our phones were about out of battery too. We left most mornings before 8 and didn't get back to the room for the night until about 10:30 so we even missed the couple of hours in the evening that the generator was running. I think I am going to have to give a day by day run down .... maybe this week.

I don't have any "real" adoption news to share on my blog yet but I am asking that you please pray for our family and for our Ugandan child as we believe God is orchestrating a beautiful story.

Thank you for following our journey and for praying for us. We are truly blessed by you.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Jennifer Kindle said...

Excited to hear all thats taken place.